Saturday 12 May 2018

603 - Brief 06 - T-Shirts Distribution

To most effectively choose the most efficient production method, to decide which would be strongest to use at a supply and demand industry level - I aimed to test as many possible techniques as I could within my time frame. 

- For the WYS collaboration we decided to experiment with distributing to an audience through screen-printing - we could evaluate from this how it was quite a long and problematic process. Therefore...

- Decided that for the rest of my projects I would experiment with the quality of the process 'heat pressing' 
Used a bulk pack of Heavy Cotton Gildan Unisex T-shirts for the mockups and initial sales which is the best quality yet cheapest option on the web - printed on by brands such as Yeezy and Anti-Social Club, etc..

- this did give a slightly worn effect but it did look very effective and was a much better quality and much more efficient than the screen-print experiments with WYS. However it may not last after a few washes and it does take away from the overall quality so I am evaluating this process as non distribution-ready - would need to use different iron-on heat transfers which can lead to being more expensive.

The tags definitely allowed me to achieve that extra bit of quality through the production method - tags printed onto a finely stitched satin material.

I out-sourced a textile designer to sew these on for me, which was possibly the most straight-forward and easy collaboration I have ever been part of. 
She discussed with me whether it would look most effective round the bottom hem of the t-shirt, or around the sleeve to compliment the graphics. 

And then used a sewing machine and got them all stitched on within the hour for a very professional final outcome.

- This allowed me to evaluate from my experiments that when distributing t-shirt designs at a commercial level I would make us of an online service/platform to decrease my own labour time and costs, whilst increasing the overall consistency of the production quality, this is when I began research into Ever-press:

A batch of 50 Unisex Heavy-Cotton Glidan T-shirts, with just 1 artwork colour on the front, selling at £15 with 4 campaigns on the websites online marketplace (which you can share anywhere) will earn a minimum of £345.80 if we sell all of them!
- Is definitely the most straight-forward and effective way of getting your merch out there, stress free but profit heavy!


Pics in-situ behind the decks and on the stream:








No comments:

Post a Comment