Thursday 10 May 2018

603 - Brief 05 - Cum Over - 3 Monkeys

I began drawing the 3 monkeys to feature within the scene on the shelf
- wanted it to feel like a little ornament
- but as I got into the drawing it ended up being its own response
- this meant I had to then strip back the detail to feature at the smaller scale in the scene



I experimented with the content and background of the composition, considering how I could include the lyrics in various ways to make the reference - also including the colour key which I'd used whilst colouring in the various shadows to the piece.




I took these various layouts to a feedback session with some peers questioning which would be most impactful for the submission. (also giving a black scrunched up paper background too)

- Everyone was straight away drawn to the white scrunched up paper option, the justification of this representing the frustration and regret in the song - like a scrunched up tissue or temper-tantrum.

- Although it was suggested I should strip back all the other information as it unnecessary - it is 'Secret' 7 so peers suggested how I should leave it massively ambiguous for the audience at the exhibition. Stripping back the content and allowing the illustration itself to take centre stage meant I could expand it slightly and properly centralise it, considering how this would be more eye-catching and approachable at the exhibition - even from a slightly further distance.

To finish off my piece I added a bit of grain to keep it consistent with my over developing style - of digitalised, sleek and professional, but still trying to involve and reference my analogue past leading up to my current style.

No comments:

Post a Comment